Do You Have Emphysema Or Bronchitis?
The mission of the Rehabilitation Clinical Trials Center at Harbor-UCLA Research and Education Institute is to find new therapies for patients with lung disease. We invite you to participate in the following research studies. Financial compensation will be provided to all participants:
- Women 55 - 80 years old are invited to participate in a study, which will measure the effect of strength building exercise and increasing testosterone levels. Participants in this 13 week study will receive no cost medical examinations, including state-of-the-art measurements of muscle strength and size and lung function.
- Women & Men ages 40 years or older are invited to participate in a study of a new inhaled bronchodilator designed to be taken once daily. Participants in this 6 month study will receive a supervised 8 week exercise training program and measurements of exercise tolerance and lung function.
- Men and Women 50 years or older are needed for a study of a new bronchodilator designed to be given once a month. Participants in this 5 month study will receive regular medical examinations and measurements of lung function.
- Men and Women ages 40 years or older are invited to take part in a research stuyd comparing the effectiveness of two different inhaled medications currently used to treat breathing disorders. Participants in this 10-week study will receive no cost medical examinations and measurements of lung function.
- All of the above studies is being conducted at the Harbor-UCLA Research and Education Institute, under the direction of Richard Casaburi, Ph.D., M.D.
For more information, call Renee Love:
- (424) 201-3000 ext. 7255
Los Angeles Biomedical Research Institute
Rehabilitation Clinical Trials Center
1124 West Carson Street, Torrance CA 90502